Monday, February 5, 2007

The Wonderful World of Huggaboos




I'm so pleased and excited about this new venture with my daughter. My 9 year old has been bugging me for awhile to help her sew some stuffed animals that she could sell on etsy. So, I sat down with her and we figured that she was capable of making the cute little plushie "things" that are popular now.

She eagerly set to designing some. With sketchpad in hand, she showed me three designs. I brought out all the fabric that I've been holding onto and all the other accoutrements that we would need. I let her pick the fabrics, embroidery thread colors and anything extra she wanted to add. She went even further and added personalities and a little secret message sewn into each one.

We set to making her first one, Goonie, and the world of Huggaboos was born. I have to say that because she is homeschooled, we get to spend hours of our day working on her little Huggaboos. I couldn't be more pleased. This is what makes my day :)

Find her Huggaboos in my etsy shop here.

No comments: